With almost 70% of adults having received with their third dose, the Victorian Government recently announced that most COVID-19 restrictions were to be removed from 11:59pm, Friday 22 April 2022.
Changes to pandemic orders related to workplaces include:
- All workplaces will still require a COVIDSafe Plan.
- Individuals will be required to notify their workplace contacts, in addition to informing their social contacts.
- Workplaces won’t have to individually identify and notify each potentially exposed worker.
- It is recommended to work from home if you’re a close contact exempt from quarantine.
VACCINATION / CHECK IN
- The requirement for staff and patrons of venues to check-in using the Service Victoria app will end; operators not required to keep any attendance records or maintain a COVID-19 Check-in Marshal.
- The existing two-dose and three-dose vaccination mandates for workers are retained.
QUARANTINE AND ISOLATION
- Close contacts will no longer have to quarantine – provided they wear a face mask indoors and avoid sensitive settings.
- People are exempt from testing or quarantine for 12 weeks if they’ve had COVID-19 (up from 8 weeks).
- The essential requirement to isolate for seven days following a COVID-19 diagnosis is retained.
Further details are available online at www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au