3, 20 Bridge Road, Pymble, NSW 2073, Australia
Weld Australia (formerly known as the Welding Technology Institute of Australia / WTIA) represents the welding profession in Australia. Its members are made up of individual welding professionals and companies. Weld Australia members are involved in almost every facet of Australian industry and make a significant contribution to the economy.
Weld Australia is the Australian representative member of the International Institute of Welding (IIW).
Weld Australia’s mission is to represent the interests of members and safeguard the public by ensuring the integrity of in-service welds, and to promote the use of best practice technology and quality systems.
Weld Australia brings individual and company members together into a community to deliver:
• A forum for the exchange of ideas and the sharing of resources
• A voice to promote the interests of the welding community and shape the market for welding services
• Specialist technical problem solving and a conduit between industry and research organisations
• A pathway for learning and career development and the opportunity to benchmark against world’s best practice
Weld Australia considers the current trend towards sending steel infrastructure projects overseas to be a significant threat to the future of welding in Australia. Without a base load of welding-reliant projects, the inflow of talented apprentices, engineers and scientists into the profession will dry up and fabrication companies will cease to exist. In turn, our strategically vital infrastructure companies in power, water, mining, oil & gas, road, rail and defence will have to rely on overseas expertise.
Weld Australia is committed to ensuring all aspects of the welding profession in Australia are internationally competitive and that our companies are fairly treated in comparison with offshore competition.
Weld Australia offers the following services:
• Events and Seminars
• Technical Publications
• Technical Support and Advisory Services
• Project Management
• Professional Development
• Qualification and Certification